Sunday, November 1, 2009

Do my nieces and nephews feel this way?

Aunt not welcome as Facebook friend -- chicagotribune.com

A fun post from a 202er:

Hi Katy,

This isn't a MAJOR ethical problem, as its kind of comical, but so many people run into this problem using Facebook when family members contact them and friend them. People always wonder if they should block, defriend or privatize parts of their profiles are visible to family members.

It's interesting, while social media can be so beneficial, opening so many doors it can provide some obvious and awkward limitations. My mom sent me this article/ column from the Tribune, asking me if it reminded me much of my own Aunt---who fits this dilemma perfectly!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/columnists/advice/chi-1028-ask-amyoct28,0,5573119.column

Thought it might be interesting!

No comments: