Sunday, October 25, 2009

Celebs and tweeting

From a 202er:

Hi Katy,

In response to the "Celebrity Twitter" post on the ethics blog, Miley Cyrus recently deleted her twitter because everything she said was completely taken out of context and published by the tabloids and other media outlets. Anyways, to let everyone know why she deleted it, she recorded a rap video and posted it to You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tSOTQPUQoU&feature=fvsr

I just thought it was interesting.

I hope you had a great weekend!

4 comments:

Kathi said...

oh miley.... what an interesting way to discuss twitter :) i feel like a press release would have been far more... explanatory...

Claire Wiese said...

Yes, a press release would have been better, or just quitting Twitter and avoiding everything she "raps" about.

Unknown said...

I think the video was a unique approach. Miley is definitely not a rapper, but if you look at how it reached her fans, I think it was effective. A press release would have been more professional, but would 4+ million people go to her website to read it?

Kristina said...

hahaha. The first thing I thought of while watching the video was how us J202ers could have made a fabulous press release for her. I'm glad I'm not the only one!